Sunday, 4 November 2012

Japan Scrapbook

This is very 'old school', but having a scrapbook, and spending an afternoon with scissors and glue and remembering a FANTASTIC trip is a lovely way to spend a cold, drizzly, Sunday afternoon. The only downside is that I'm now even more desperate to go back. Especially as I have the rest of the scrapbook to fill! I should really do this for every holiday.... !

The cover - I think I got a little carried away with it, but then once I'd gone too far there was no turning back!

You can't go to Japan and not do 'purikura' - which are basically fun photo booths! Also, if you are in Tokyo and you like Moomins, check out the Moomin cafe at Tokyo Dome!

Haha... receipts from Don Quixote and Junie Moon, and the bottom right is a leaflet from a really lovely ryokan (a traditional style hotel) I stayed in back in 2008 in Nikko.

How cute are these hand-drawn leaflets from 'Chocoholic Cafe' in Daikanyama (near Shibuya) ??!! Mental cute, I say. The one with the funny animal faces is actually a take-away 'to order' cake guide, and I coloured in the yellow one as that's the one I ordered (a small version, not the birthday cake sized one) - it was called 'Caramel Squirrel' hehehe!


OK, I am OBSESSED with this shop and brand - Karel Capek. LOVE LOVE LOVE it, I went and I spent about 30 mins in this shop (which is about the same size as an average living room) just going round and round and trying to decide what to buy (a bit difficult when you want EVERYTHING). It's basically tea and tea accessories, and some other cute things, all with the most beautiful and cute illustrations on. I could literally spend a fortune in here!


4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I've made a couple of holiday scrapbooks. First was Germany when I was 12 and then my honeymoon in Australia. Have got bits for all the other places in a big bag! Would so love to go to Japan and collect all those lovely things you've stuck in:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh thank you! (^u^) Yes I know what you mean about having the bits hanging around but never finding the time to stick them all down. I had all of these pics in a folder for a year, and every time I spotted it on the bookshelf I'd think 'Oh I must do that scrapbook someday' and then never get around to it. It was cold and rainy today and I just felt like doing something quite simple and reflective. It was really nice to go through all the good memories. I hope you find the time to spend on your bag of bits and bobs soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!! what an effort. This is really nice. I wish I can look at it personally!!! it is interesting that you love Japan so much! I think your knowledge of japan is wider than a lot of asian people here!!!!! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kalo! x One day maybe I can show you in real life... haha! I am a little Japan obsessed I know. I try not to go on about it too much because people look at me funny hehehe! But I just love so many Japanese things and I can't help it! (^u^)

    ReplyDelete